Today's students are digital natives who have never known a world without the internet and mobile devices. They prefer to communicate by text, email, and social media rather than to meet in person or talk via phone. They use their devices 24/7 and expect unimpeded access to people, products, and services.
Those expectations haven't changed now that these digital natives are on campus. They want to communicate with their professors and advisers online. They want to check their grades and progress using their mobile devices. They want to sign up for classes from their dorm, the library, or the break room at their part-time job.
Listen as Tyler explains what digital natives are looking for from their schools.
If you want to recruit and retain students like Tyler, these are the things you need to be offering:1. Flexible education program—There is a shift in the way students consume education. They want the flexibility to choose how and when they will learn.
2. Connected experience—Students expect to interact with you the same way they interact with their peers—on their mobile devices.
3. 24/7 information—The new student wants online, around-the-clock access to everything.
4. Easy and seamless services—Students expect campus services to be seamless, easy-to-use, and responsive to their needs.
5. Access to new innovation—Technology is now a foundational element in our society. Students want access to the latest innovations as soon as they are available.
6. Student success—Students want a clearly marked path to success.
Supporting the Digital Native
Digital natives live on their mobile devices, and their mobile devices live in the cloud. Cloud-based computing is the only way you will be able to communicate, collaborate, and provide services to the new mobile-centric student. Investing in the cloud is investing in your future.
Are You Ready for the FAFSA Simplification? Here’s What You Need to Know.
November 29, 2023
The simplified FAFSA comes out on December 31. How can you prepare for its impact on your campus?